So like I said on my instagram that I really had long flights for this holiday. I need to go to KL first, then HCM (Saigon), before Seoul.
I really like HCM, because the city is quite small, easy to go around, and quite affordable. Not mention, easy to get local wine. So when I found out that I will have 6 hours (8 actually, but please exclude the time to travel between airport and the city, vice versa) to kill, I can’t ask for better place than HCM itself. I know that I will have a lot of fun in the city and I was right.
So here are my activities while transit for 6 hours in HCM:
- 3 PM. Arrive in Tan Son Nhat International Airport and since I’m Asean passport holder, it’s easy for me to get out from airport to the city (I already have the boarding pass to Seoul). I took the local bus 152 to the city for around 30 minutes and only cost me less than $0.20.
- 4-5 PM. Walking around the district 1 and window shopping around my favourite stores like Pedro and Dr.Martens. There was one pair of shoes from Pedro that I wanted to buy, but since I didn’t feel right, I passed (But turns out, it would be a great decision for the rest of the holiday, will tell you later).
- 6 PM. Dinner with my two favourites local food and drink. Banh Mi Huyn Hoa (less than $2) and Dalat White wine (less than $5 per bottle). If you are around the district 1, then you can ask people or Google where is the place at. So perfect and delicious.
- 7- 9 PM. Since it was raining, I hang out at this cool café called Phuc Long Coffee & Tea Express just around the corner. It’s like perfect place for people watching and the people just can’t stop talking plus it’s not easy to get a chair. I tried this Oolong milk tea, which is so yummy and cost me $2. You will like this place to feel the HCM vibe.
- 10 PM. Going back to airport with Vina taxi (I highly recommend) and prepare to take off to Seoul. The taxi cost me around $12 since it’s only 7 KM distance from the city.
To be continue.